We are the Procrastinating Quilters. We meet the 3rd Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM. Our location is:
Seville Recreation Center
2640 Seville Blvd
Our next meeting is April 19, 2018. Lori Lewis will be discussing and demonstrating techniques in hand piecing. Please bring the following to the meeting:
- Fabric Scissors
- Paper Scissors
- Pin Cushion (with pins and needles)
- Neutral, colored, cotton thread (gray, taupe, off white) (Aurifil 50 wt cotton is good)
- Needle threader (optional)
- Thimble (optional)
- Personal light (optional)
Also at the April meeting, we are taking signups for the new 3-yard challenge. This challenge is $5, payable at sign up. This covers the cost of the pattern that you will receive at the May party. Then you will just need 3 yards of fabric and you will be able to make one of the “mystery” quilt patterns. There will be several so the reveal should be lots of fun. The finished (or at least pieced!) quilts will be revealed at the November meeting Your quilt will be yours to keep or to give to a charity or loved one.
Remember these upcoming dates:
April 21st – Class: Mary-Jeanine Ibarguen will be teaching her new scrap class on Saturday, April 21 from 9 AM to 3 PM). Class will be held at Amber Glades Community, 3113 State Road 580 (corner of McMullen Booth and 580 in Clearwater). Cost is ONLY $25.
PRESIDENT’S CHALLENGE 2018
- Create an 8 x 8 banner or small hanging that has your personal wish or prayer as the inspiration. If you wish to attach fringe or ribbons, etc. from the banner, the length of that will not be included in the 8 x 8 size.
- Your flag / banner may be quilted, but it is not required.
- Have a sleeve on the back for hanging. Thread a ribbon or piece of fabric through the sleeve that is at least 32” long. This will be used to tie the banners together for display. If you prefer to not have a sleeve, attach ribbons or fabric strips to each side of the hanging that are at least 12” long for the same purpose.
Bring your Kindness Banner to the May party where we will hang them on display. You may make more than one banner if you like! Overachieving is welcomed when spreading kindness!
We have a Facebook page . Viewing and access is closed and only given to members of Procrastinating Quilters. Find our Facebook page here.